Individuals interested in substitute teaching at PTHS should contact the Regional Office of Education (DeWitt-Livingston-McLean Counties). The Regional Office of Education will provide the prospective candidate with appropriate paperwork in a sealed envelope to give to Pontiac Township High School. For more information from the Regional Office of Education click the following link.
1.Applicant obtains substitute packet by either visiting the Regional Office of Education or you may download it here.
2. Applicant returns the completed packet to the ROE and pays $60.00 for background check and an additional $125.00 for substitute license application and registration fees if they DO NOT already hold a valid professional educator or substitute license.
3. Applicant will receive information in regard to setting up a fingerprinting appointment.
4. Applicant returns to the ROE for their scheduled fingerprinting appointment.
5. Once the background check has cleared, the Regional Office of Education posts on ECS that the applicant has a physical, TB test and background check on file with the ROE.
6. Applicant goes to the school district offices of the schools they would like to substitute teach in to apply to substitute teach in that district.
If your substitute certificate expires AFTER 6/30/13: Conversion from certificates 7/1/13–Valid Type 39 Illinois Substitute Certificates will automatically become renewable Illinois Substitute Licenses with a five year validity period.
All Type 39 substitute certificates that are valid on the date of conversion will become Substitute Licenses that expire on 6/30/2018. Holder will pay additional registration fee from the current expiration year to 2018. Go to www.isbe.net and click on ELIS at the top of the page.
RENEWAL OF SUBSTITUTE LICENSE: For the first renewal of a Substitute License, the holder of the license will have to take and pass the Test of Academic Proficiency #400, Reading, Writing, English, and Mathematics. For information on the test, log in to the Illinois Licensure Testing System at www.il.nesinc.com. The first year the test is needed for renewal will be 2018.
VALID PROFESSIONAL EDUCATOR LICENSE – TEACHER: If an educator holds a valid teaching license registered with the County in which they teach, a substitute license is not needed to substitute teach in that county.